How can you design a system?
- Click the + Panel button on the top left next to the design panel.
- Draw the panels on the roof by clicking and dragging the pointer on the imagery.
- You can create multiple panel groups by clicking the + Panel button and drawing more panels.
How to change your design parameters?
In the Design panel, you can:
- Change the panel.
- Update the azimuth or slope of each panel group
- Override the system efficiency (%); and
- Add the electricity price ($/kWh).
All of these would affect the calculation of Annual Output and Annual Savings.
- Annual Output is calculated using the PV Watts calculator.
- Annual Savings is based on 100% self-consumption
- OpenSolar Lite automatically saves the changes to the project.
How to change the imagery?
To change the imagery:
- You can choose “Imagery Type” from the dropdown menu
- You can also change the type to Google Roadmap to help point to the correct project address before starting the design.
- When using Nearmap imagery, you can click the timestamp dropdown to switch to a different variation of the Nearmap Vertical image.
How to delete a project?
- You can Delete the project by clicking on Delete Project.